The Court of Auditors organises traineeship periods throughout the year in areas of interest to its work. The training periods are granted for a maximum period of five months. The training periods may be remunerated (1120 €/month) or non-remunerated. In view of the restricted budgetary appropriations available, however, the number of training periods granted is very limited.
In order to be eligible to carry out a period of traineeship, applicants must:
• be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union, except where a derogation has been granted by the appointing authority;
• either hold a recognised university-level degree or diploma giving entitlement to the European Union category AD or have completed at least four semesters of university studies in a field of interest to the Court;
• wish to obtain practical training related to one of the Court of Auditors' areas of activity;
• have not already benefited from traineeship at the Court;
• state that they have a thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of at least one other official European Union language;
• offer the necessary proof of good character.