The European Court of Auditors organises three traineeship sessions per year in areas of interest to its work. Traineeships are granted for three, four or five months maximum. They may be remunerated (1350 €/month) or non-remunerated depending on the budgetary appropriations available.
The three sessions are organised each year with the following start dates:
- 1 February,
- 1 May,
- 1 September.
In order to be eligible to carry out a period of traineeship, applicants must:
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union, except where a derogation has been granted by the appointing authority;
- either hold a recognised university-level diploma giving access to the AD function group(*) as defined in the Staff Regulations of Officials of the European Union, or have completed at least four semesters of university study in an area of interest to the Court;
- wish to obtain practical training related to one of the Court of Auditors' areas of activity;
- have not already benefited from a traineeship at any EU institution or body ;
- state that they have a thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of at least one other official European Union language.
Candidates selected must provide a declaration that they have never been convicted or found guilty of any criminal offence as drawn up for the civil service by their national authorities and a medical certificate certifying that they are physically fit to perform their tasks.
Before applying, please note the following important information:
- Due to the high volume of applications we do not respond to each individual applicant.
- Only on-line applications will be processed. Unsolicited applications or CVs sent by post, fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Only the successful candidates will be contacted by the Human Resources department of the ECA.